Still the best place to live in Hull
Kingswood Parks... 20 years in the making!
- Asda supermarket built.
- Raich Carter Way completed.
- First houses at Kingswood Parks by Beal on Hemble Way.
- Opening of the Bridge over the River Hull and Raich Carter Way.
- Kingswood Travel Inn built.
- First residential road started (Runnymede Way).
- First phase of District Centre Retail built - Co-operative Homeworld (now Matalan) through to Boots.
- McDonald’s restaurant opened and David Lloyd Leisure Centre construction began.
- Further road construction to Bushey Park and Chevening Park.
- Start of the Kingswood Business Park access roads.
- Construction work begins on: Kingswood House, Barratt’s first site and Bushey Park,
Oyster Catcher and the Cinema.
- Beal Homes began work on Oakwood Site, Chevening Park.
- Construction of five factory units in conjunction with Yorkshire Forward.
- Construction and opening of Frankie and Benny’s and KFC.
- District Centre extension, including Next, Comet, Sports Direct
- Hollywood Bowl completed.
- Thousands of trees planted.
- Wildlife area created next to Hollywood Bowl.
- Ings Plantation survey carried out and maintenance programme begins.
- First Kingswood Parks website created.
- Renewal of site-wide planning consent.
- Start of first phase of northern roads, including: Richmond Way,
Runnymede Way, Shinewater Park and Runnymede Lane.
- Northern road network now open.
- Housing development started by: Wimpey, Beal Developments, David Wilson Homes,
Persimmon Homes and Barratt Developments.
- Bonus Electric come to site
- First Kingswood Parks Voice magazine issued.
- Creation of northern wetland habitat.
- Chiquito’s Restaurant opens.
- Trident Sonoco come to site.
- Start of construction of the rest of the northern loop roads, including extension to Runnymede Avenue,
Runnymede Way, Richmond Way, Richmond Lane and School Lane.
- Thousands of further trees and shrubs planted.
- Creation of landscaped greenways and mounds.
- Charles Church and Persimmon begin on northern site.
- Start of Local Centre village housing by Beal Developments and Linden Homes.
- Begin planning of the Village Centre.
- Opening of Kingswood Parks Primary School.
- 20 Year Celebration and preparation.
- Village Centre shop units completed.
- Co-op and Jhoots Pharmacy begin trading.
- Play areas started.
- Revive Church (formerly New Life Church) come to Kingswood.
- Kingswood Parks’ section of Link Road completed.